Addendum: "ahhh, the days of wine and lab class"
I never actually watched Survivor, but I did know the basic premise: people are put on an island; the weakest get eaten. Lab class was taught in the sixth and seventh grades at my middle school. I was never really clear on what the class was trying to accomplish, but ostensibly the class would improve our fledgling communication skills. The bottom panel appears to have first been drawn with anonymous stick figures to which names were later added (the handwriting is much too good to be mine). My good friend Sam makes a guest appearance in this comic, as the style of his stick figure and handwriting is different from mine (and the namer of Lillye and Paul, which was probably Lillye). I wonder if I found his suicide quip entertaining? I think that the "Rocket Launcher 30 x 10e24" would have given me a chuckle, but even in sixth grade I would have felt uncomfortable at the prospect of making jokes about suicide.
I don't think I was actually nostalgic about sixth grade when I started high school, but I didn't want to pass up the opportunity to make references.
