Apologies for the unannounced vacation. Michigan called, I responded.
Addendum: None
This was part of my transition away from lined paper ripped out of notebooks to white computer paper that I 3 hole punched and put in the back of my notebooks (see "DIVIDE HERE" and "X-tra Paper"). I don't think that this is an autobiographical work, but if it is, it's only partially accurate. Although I played baseball through middle school, I would inevitably be stuck in right field (for those of you unfamiliar with baseball, this is the position that sandlot teams everywhere will leave empty if there are too few people). While this was demoralizing, I still enjoyed batting, but the thrill lasted so briefly that it was rarely worth the wait (I'm told that it is similar to being involved in a war). Also evident in this work is the budding self-referentialism that would only intensify in later pieces.
