Divide Here

Addendum: "NARC kicked ass"
This was one of the first doodles I drew, possibly the summer between 5th and 6th grade. At the top right is a to-do list. As I was a very resourceful boy, all items are crossed or checked off. Some hastily crossed out multiplication can be seen in the top left corner. At the 12 o'clock position is a curlicue. Right underneath that is my very own "heart man." This man is modeled after one my grandfather drew for a sweetheart in his younger years. I'm told that back when my grandfather could remember who he was, he was a very talented artist. The words "DIVIDE HERE" serve a dual purpose. The first is literal. In my school binders, I would keep drawing paper behind my work, and this page served as a divide between the schoolwork and my drawing section. Furthermore, it symbolized (in my mind) a divide between what was rational and what was chaos, between logos and mythos, between (perhaps) good and ambiguous. Thus the message "enter if u dare... or not!" An RIAA-type warning sticker is also provided.