puzzle Time!

Addendum: None

This piece consists of two pieces of paper layered on top of each other. The top paper is cut around the donkey.
When you lift the top sheet off, it reveals what is underneath:
This was my first vaguely political drawing. I expressed distaste that George Bush had won the election and was being manipulated by Dick Cheney. I don't think I actually knew much about these issues, I just read about them in Mad Magazine or the like. I'm also unsure whether I was trying to poke fun at the apparently cryptic language of Black Sabbath's "Iron Man" or whether I was just messing around. Both seem equally likely. On the back page, we have Bob "the hama-stopa", a donkey, a stylized "4" that is in danger of becoming a swastika, and a bird shooting lasers out of its eyes. At the top is "mar-yuh-loo", a mispronunciation of "Mary Lou" by the character Zero in Louis Sachar's young adult novel "Holes". I wonder why "gay" was written to describe the donkey, then vigorously crossed out?